Mission & Witness
Part of the mission that Jesus Christ gave to the Catholic Church is to reveal the Heavenly Father’s love and mercy to everyone. In addition to celebrating the sacraments and growing in knowledge of our faith, Catholics engage in stewardship of the gifts that God has granted; and we do this frequently through the works of mercy.
St. Mary’s Catholic Church has a rich history of parishioners stewarding gifts and doing merciful works in the broader community. More importantly, we continue to do these things today…and every day.
The following is a list of some (but not all) of the ministries of mercy that our parish has & does!
- Ministry to the Sick brings the Holy Eucharist to parishioners who cannot be present at Mass because of serious illness.
- Jim Wilson Memorial Christmas Partners provides Christmas gifts to over 200 families and over 200 foster children from around the local region.
- Our parish has a “twin” mission parish in Moron, Haiti. Each year a team travels to Haiti to provide money, supplies, and work to build up that community.
- Respect Life Committee educates parishioners and members of the community about the Church’s teachings & actions that protect the dignity of every human life. Working with organizations from the local pregnancy crisis center to the local prison, this organization helps parishioners live out the teaching of the Church in a variety of ways.
- Bereavement Committee brings the love of the St. Mary’s community to the family & friends of those who have passed away.
- Mount Calvary Cemetery Friends assists with the operations of our local Catholic cemetery, including occasional maintenance & clean-up projects.
- Knights of Columbus, Council 1101, assists with many works of mercy throughout the year. And, they are responsible for building wheel chair ramps at many homes of handicapped members of the community.
For more information about how you can engage in works of mercy, please contact our Director of Evangelization & Discipleship, Derek Rotty: 731.668.2596 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are adding more content each and every day. Please check back soon.